Secrets of a Successful Marriage Explained in Wedding Toasts
Creating a loving and successful new life together with the one you love doesn’t have to be wishful thinking. That said, no flourishing marriage ever stood the tests of time without the honest foundation of proven methods, actions and focus. Inspire love and respect from the start by offering support and hope for a bright and prominent future together through wedding toasts and quotes.
Wedding Style Camaraderie Toasts
Acknowledging the couple’s wedding style sets the tone for the evening. Are there national or international cultures to consider? If so, acquiring thoughtful ideas from friends and family about what makes a successful marriage in that light offers the bride and groom hope for the future they can relate to. For example, these Irish wedding toasts, quotes and blessings are perfect for almost any wedding scenario:
- “There are 4 things you must never do: lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.”
- “Always remember to forget the things that made you sad. But never forget to remember the things that made you glad.”
- “Patience cures many an old complaint.”
- “May you always have walls for the winds, a roof for the rain, tea beside the fire, laughter to cheer you, those you love near you, and all your heart might desire.
Spiritual Encouragement Toasts
Weddings and marriages are usually designed as a spiritual celebration of the union of two people. Confirming spiritual faith, promise and hope through chosen spiritual resources helps reaffirm the significance of two spiritual lives coming together as one. Here are a few devotional ideas to appreciate:
- “May God bless you both in your marriage as much as you’ve blessed me” or if you want to be funny, “I pray that God gives you lots of laughter and love and a spare room so that I can come and visit you often.”
- “I would like to propose a toast to my bride. Our God has created us as bride and bridegroom, and because of him, we rejoice.”
- “To the beautiful couple. May God guide you, protect you and keep you close to Him.”
The Lighter Side of Marriage Toasts
Marriage isn’t always about working hard on the relationship. Sometimes relationships work with a lighter touch. Humor should always be a key player in any marriage! Check out a few witty quotes that can leave the happy couple chuckling for years to come:
- “Marriages are made in heaven. But so again, are thunder and lightning.”
- “Love makes people do strange things. In this instance, love made two people get all dressed up, walk slowly down an aisle and repeat whatever the pastor said. I can’t think of any other time these two would do something like this, but I also can’t think of a better couple to make this all look downright cool. Join me in raising a glass to the two people who make love look good.
- “Here’s to those who’ve seen us at our best and seen us at our worst and can’t tell the difference.”
Go one clever step further by bringing a whole lot of loving reminders to the wedding table. By creating a small book of all of the quotes and toasts given during the celebration, the happy couple can look back to the day’s joy for many more years of living happily ever after.